CHARTFEST 09 is happening tomorrow yo and it’s gonna be BUSY! Jeff Fulton and the team at CHART – christchurchmusic.org.nz have been working well hard to get some serious action happening here in Churchtown. Mad big-ups, props and totz lolz to them!
Chartfest is a multi staged music festival AND music industry expo. Shocking Pinks (who played a FAB set at The Media Club on Saturday night), Isaac Chambers, Maitreya, Rare Shot Blue, and Tim Moore are some of the bands I’m most looking forward to see play. Industry-side the key things to check out are the Media and Promotion Q&A at which I’ll be making a cameo as well as the ‘How To Break Into The Australian Market’ session. There will be plenty of seriously on-to-it peeps at these sessions so be sure to make an appearence if you’re a musician or band in Christchurch trying to make things happen.
Here are some details:
Media & Promotion Workshop (5.00pm – 5.30pm)
Want to know how to pitch your music to radio and print media? Find out the right way to do it with David Saunders(CPIT/MC) Vicki Anderson (Music Editor, The Press), Benet Hitchcock (PD RDU98.5FM/Starlifter.tv), Kirsten Johnstone(Music101 RNZ), Fleur Jack (KiwiFM) and Richard Bell (Shuriken).
NZMC & MMF ‘How To Break Into The Australian Market’ Seminar (6.00pm – 7.00pm)
The New Zealand Music Managers Forum and the NZ Music Commission are proud to present the May Music Month Seminars ‘How to Break Into the Australian Market’.
Speakers are Sashya Jayawardena (Tour Manager / Promoter and Event Manager Australia), Chris Wu (Popfrenzy Australia) Brent Harris (Cut Off Your Hands), Chris Gough (Native Tongue Music Publishing), Teresa Patterson (CRS Music Management).
* Where do I begin? – what are your first steps to take to get over the ditch to either release a CD or do some gigs.
* The Australian Media – a run down of who is who and the best media to target (Radio, Street Press, TV, Newspapers, Magazines, Internet).
* Touring Australia – how hard is it to book a tour. What would be the best way to start touring Australia? What sort of fees can you expect?
* Promoting your Music – how do you start promoting your tours/album releases.
* The Australian Industry – who are the movers and shakers in Record Companies, Booking Agencies, Promoters, Publicists. More details here.
For more info check out: